Pharm Tech Ed offers a 12 week (50 hour) curriculum of classroom instruction for individuals interested in a career as a Pharmacy Technician. This course will give you a solid foundation in the skills necessary for employment as a pharmacy technician and will prepare you for the PTCB certification exam.
The coursework includes:
- Origin and history of pharmacy
- Drug regulation and controls
- Routes and formulations
- Transcribing of Physician's orders
- Correct medication packaging
- Calculating doses
- Labeling prescriptions
- Preparing IVs
- Drug distribution systems
- Top 100 drugs Brand/Generic
The tuition of $1,650 includes:
- Registration Fee and Tuition
- Pharmacy Technician Textbook and Workbook
- Set of Top 100 Drugs Brand/Generic flashcards
- Set of medical scrubs
Similar programs can cost 10 times more at other institutions!
Registration/scheduling for the National Organization for Competency Assurance accredited PTCB exam is done directly through the
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. The PTCB exam fee is $129. Visit www.ptcb.org
for more information on the exam.
In order to be licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Illinois, you must have earned a High School Diploma or G.E.D.; have no felonies or drug charges; and must become certified within two years of registration with the Division of